| 0 comments ]

Manchester City and many football fans are rallying behind Robinho, who has been accused of raping a 18 year old woman last month.

I don't want to go too deep with it but I can see both side of the arguments, a family member has been raped twice and I have seen what it can do to someone but footballers such as Ronaldo, Evans and Van Persie have been accused of rape before and the charges were dropped.

Robinho has told Brazil coach Dunga that he is innocent and Manchester City are giving Robinho their full support.

A club statement said:
"Following press speculation, and statements from the player’s representative and West Yorkshire police, Manchester City Football Club make the following statement.
"The club have been liaising with and assisting both the player in question and the authorities in relation to the West Yorkshire police investigation. Both parties have been given the full support of the football club.
"No charges of any nature have been brought against the player and no further statement will be made whilst the investigation is continuing."

Mud sticks and I hope the truth comes out and I honestly hope that for the sake of Robinho, his wife, his child and football that he is innocent, my first reactions are that he is innocent but I don't know the full story.

0 comments

Post a Comment